Your privacy is important to Elva. This privacy statement explains the types of personal data that Elva Breen processes, how she processes it, and for what purposes. Elva Breen is a consultancy service that offers assessment in the area of Vocational Assessment & Occupational Therapy.
Personal data Elva collect from clients
Elva Breen collects personal data as part of conducting a professional service. Personal data collected would fall under the following headings:
- Healthcare data (e.g. medical diagnoses, details of other healthcare professionals involved)
- Educational data
- Employment data (e.g. details of job title and responsibilities in the role)
- Clinical data (data related specifically to your medico-legal assessment)
- Administrative data
- Financial data (e.g. proof of earnings)
It will be collected in a number of ways:
- By phone (phone call, voicemail or text message)
- By email
- By video call (Zoom, Skype etc)
- By referral from other agencies (via phone, email or face-to-face)
- By pre-assessment forms received by either email or post
- From Elva’s website (by click-through to email or phone from the contact page of the website)
- By taking photographs or videos of clients in face-to-face or video call appointments
The legal basis for collecting the majority of this data is that it is necessary in order to fulfil the contract of providing a vocational or OT assessment.
How and why Elva uses and shares personal data
Personal data will be used for the purposes of providing a medico-legal report.
Elva Breen will not share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- If particular information is required to be disclosed by law.
- For processing by GDPR-compliant third parties (e.g. when using web-based appointment scheduling or web-based invoicing). Some of your information being processed by these third parties may be held outside the EU (e.g. Google or Gmail). In these cases, every effort will be made to ensure that these data processing companies are GDPR-compliant or have data protection processes in place that are considered adequate by GDPR).
- To protect Elva Breen and her staff or clients.
Personal data will be used or shared by phone call, voicemail, text message and email, but always in the most secure method possible to ensure your privacy. Sometimes it may be necessary to share information over third-party websites or apps (e.g. if using the Stripe payment facility, online invoicing apps or if using Google Maps to locate addresses) but Elva Breen will always endeavour to use GDPR-compliant websites or apps and if the information used by these websites or apps will be held outside the EU, she will endeavour to ensure that these data processing companies are GDPR-compliant or have data protection processes in place that are considered adequate by GDPR).
Information on website cookies
- “Live Traffic” cookie: to determine if someone is a human or a bot, to identify repeat visitors and to display this in the Live Traffic feed.
- Country Blocking cookie: to bypass Country Blocking.
- Session cookie: to remember if someone is a logged-in user (confirming which user role they have) to prevent them from getting blocked by accident while working in WordPress admin.
This technical information received via these cookies will be used only by Elva Breen and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
Click here to read more about Cookies are used on this website.
How To Access And Control Your Personal Data
If you wish to obtain further details on your personal data that is being processed by Elva Breen, you are entitled to contact Elva Breen with a Subject Access Request and this will be pursued subject to the regulations of GDPR.
You have the right to Data Portability. This means that you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Elva Breen in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another data controller.
If you wish to exercise your Right to be Forgotten, please contact Elva Breen and we will advise you as to which data can be lawfully deleted and which data would be required to be retained for 7 years post-completion of work.
You also have the Right to Rectification. If you feel that any personal data that we hold on your case is incorrect, please contact us and we will take whatever measures we can to rectify the mistake.
If you are not happy with any of the personal data that is being processed on your behalf by Elva Breen, you have a Right to Object. Please contact Elva in this situation and she will be happy to help in any way she can.
If you are not satisfied with the measures Elva takes to process your personal data or to rectify any mistakes in your personal data, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (i.e. the Data Protection Commissioner).
How We Protect Your Personal Data
Personal data will be held securely using the following methods:
- All notes, emails, photo printouts and all data pertaining to client paper files will be stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- Client electronic files will be stored on encrypted and password-protected computers. Mobile phones used will also be password-protected. A password-protected screen saver will also be used on both computers and mobile phones as an extra security measure. Client files will also be backed up on an encrypted external hard drive.
- When outside of the office base, paper files and electronic files with your personal details will not be left where individuals not involved in your case could see them.
If there is any breach in the security of your personal data, this breach will be reported to the relevant supervisory authority (i.e. the Data Protection Commissioner) without undue delay and where feasible within 72 hours, according to the regulation of GDPR. You will also be informed of any breach relevant to you if the breach is of a nature that GDPR specifies that the data subject should be notified.
How We Dispose Of Your Personal Data
Elva Breen will not contact you again for other purposes after your medico-legal assessment is completed.
Your records will be held securely for a period of 7 years after your assessment has been completed (according to the recommendations of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland). After this, your paper files will be shredded and your electronic files will be deleted.
If you have any concerns at all about using our website or if you are a client of Elva Breen and you have any concerns about how your personal data is being collected, processed, shared, protected or disposed of, please contact Elva at email@example.com or 086 387 2369 and she will be happy to discuss any questions or concerns. Thank you for reading this Privacy Statement.
Elva Breen – Occupational Therapist,
Tel: +353 86 387 2369
Last updated on 19th August 2021